Stanford University in the Bay AreaOne of the leading private universities in the world, Stanford University attracts the best and brightest scholars and athletes. Known as The Farm, Stanford is about 20 miles north of San Jose and about 25 miles south of San Francisco. Its Cardinal Football team has a healthy rivalry with the UC Berkeley Bears, playing in the Big Game each year. Stanford Hospital & Medical Center is undergoing an expansion, which is to be completed in
Hours -Campus tours are daily at 11 a.m. and 3:15 p.m., unless there's a holiday.
Cantor Arts Center is open Weds-Sun, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Thurs from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Prices -Many attractions are free like the campus walking tour and admission to Cantor Arts Center. Others, like Cardinal Football games, require the purchase of tickets.
- Hauntings: American Photographs at the Cantor Arts Center
- Family Sundays at Cantor Arts Center
- Walking Tours of Stanford Medical Center Architecture
- Take a walking tour
- Attend a Stanford sports game
- Visit the Cantor Arts Center
- Get lunch-there are over 30 campus eateries
- Buy Stanford swag at the University Store